Makes: 4 cups
Active Time: 20 minutes
Calories per serving: 140
1 pkg (16 oz) Cleaned and Cut Kale or favorite greens
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
8 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
¼ tsp red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- Add Kale to large pot of boiling, salted water. Cook 4-6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in pan on LOW. Add garlic. Cook about 5 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove garlic from pan with slotted spoon. Set aside.
- Add crushed red pepper to pan, stirring for 30 seconds, or until lighted toasted. Add cooked greens to pan.
- Raise heat to MED-LOW. Add garlic and cheese to pan. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serving size: 4 oz. (about ¾ cup)